Image via Wikipedia
Top Biotech Performers for today (aside from the MakeMyTrip IPO up 70% for the Indian IPO) Prices reflect a 2PM stock trading time. Columbia Labs and Vivus have since gone up.Top Performing Biotech
1. ZymoGenetics 4.57 +0.27 6.22% gain ZGEN
2. Emisphere Technologies 1.35 +0.08 5.88% gain EMIS
3. Myriad Genetics 15.63 +0.63 4.20% gain MYGN
4. Columbia Laboratories 1.05 +0.04 4.00% gain CBRX
5. BioDelivery Sciences International 2.37 +0.08 3.51% gain BDSI
Rated a Strong Buy with NASD100.com List and Top Rising Stocks with Unusual Volume
BioDelivery Sciences to Present at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2010 Specialty Pharmaceuticals Conference for August 12th 2010.
6. Vivus, Inc. 5.30 +0.17 3.35% gain VVUS
7. Exact Sciences 4.41 +0.14 3.28% gain EXAS
Probably one of my favorite gems out of this bunch is Exact Sciences. Expecting Oct 29th results for a Colon Cancer Screening Test.
Exact Sciences Corporation options saw heavy call activity today. A total of 118 call and 0 put contracts were traded raising a 90 day record high call volume alert. Today's traded Put/Call ratio is 0.00. There were 118.00 calls traded for each put contract.
8. Oculous Innovative Sciences 1.84 +0.06 3.37% gain OCLS
Listed as a Top Failing Stock with Unusual Volume and a Strong Buy rating.
Top Performing Pharmaceuticals for August 12th
1. Sunesis Pharmaceuticals 0.45 0.02 +6.55% SNSS
2. Hi-Tech Pharmacal 17.89 +0.48 2.76% gain HITK
3. Achillion Pharmaceuticals 2.55 +0.05 2.00% gain ACHN
4. Glaxo SmithKline 37.15 0.69 +1.89% gain GSK
I found it interesting that investors jumped for Glaxo after yesterday's news with Valeant/Biovail's Epilepsy recommendation. Investors obviously were skiddish of the merger deal that is set to take place at the end of the year and go with Glaxo instead.
5. NeurogesX, Inc. 6.07 +0.07 1.13% gain NGSX
NeurogesX has been down but was at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Specialty Pharmaceuticals Conference Today
6. Amylin Pharmaceutical 19.89 +0.31 1.58% gain AMLN
7. Poniard Pharmaaceuticals 0.508 +0.008 +1.60% PARD
Poniard Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of cancer therapeutics. The Company’s lead product candidate is picoplatin, a new generation platinum-based cancer therapy. Picoplatin is an intravenous platinum-based chemotherapeutic designed to treat solid tumors that are resistant to existing platinum-based cancer therapies.
8. Salix Pharmaceuticals 40.36 +0.86 2.18% gain SLXP
This one has gone up in the 3PM hour
Salix makes GI medications like Pepcid and is listed as a Strong Buy and a Top Healthcare Stock with the Highest Upside Potential based on Analyst ratings.